@crimpproduction patch bundle (Free)

These are some of my patches that I often use in my projects whether for utility or simply creative purpose. ​
Some of them might not be the most effective, efficient or the best way, because I set them up in a way that I find it more comfortable to use with my workflow. You can edit and make it suit your style/need anyway.
Some of them are modified version of existing patches from other creators that you can find in the Spark AR library, their free download gumroad or github.
Not all of them have a documentation in their properties, cuz sometimes I forgot, or too lazy to make it because it’s self explanatory.
It’s free. You can use it, ungroup and grab useful subgroups in it, or learn something from it. No credit needed but If you do, I really appreciate it.

imageimage
1 Minus.arp (1.5 KB)
It’s a simple but super handy patch that I ALWAYS use to get the inverted 1 to 0 value.

2Pi Constant.arp (2.0 KB)
Pi Constant.arp (1.7 KB)
I don’t know why there’s no Pi patch in the built in patches, so there you go. It’s limited to Pi = 3.14159

Remap Value.arp (2.5 KB)
It’s just a from range to range in one box. Simple yet powerful and always find a situation where I need it. (you’ll need to convert it to group and set the input manually for Vec2, Vec3, Vec4) But I prefer unpack and pack them manually or using swizzle for mass adjustment, so… Yeah.

Radial Color Wheel.arp (17.1 KB)
Pretty self explanatory fun patch where it generates a rainbow color wheel that I learned from the book of shader. If you want to make a perfect circle but on a full screen rectangle, simply plug in the screen size and turn on the use screen ration to avoid stretching.

Rainbow Ripple.arp (16.9 KB)
Another rainbow just because why not. Plug in screen size to make it perfect circle. Use the offset to make it rippling colors, adjust the position in -1 to 1 range. higher scale, more circles.

Stepper.arp (2.9 KB)
It’s also handy little patch to make gradient or progress divided into steps.
want a smooth gradient divided into 10 level of grey? Bam!
want a “steppy” transition? Bam!
(The rounding in it is using floor by default, feel free to change it to round or ceiling)

Step Animation.arp (5.5 KB)
It’s just an implementation of what I mentioned before about “steppy” animation. Check it for yourself. I’m kinda tired of typing already. I think it’s clear enough. But somehow for some reason I use Round for the rounding, I can’t remember why, but feel free to change it to Floor or Ceiling if you want.

Smooth Step v2.arp (2.4 KB)
It’s a smooth step but for lazy person like me who just want to set the threshold, make it smooth with a certain level of smoothing and move on. NEXT! :rofl:

Time with Play, Pause, Rewind.arp (5.4 KB)
You need a runtime but want to be able to pause, or even reverse it with ease? I got you, buddy.
This patch does that and more. You can also speed it up or slow it down, all in one little box.

Noise Texture Wrapper.arp (46.7 KB)
Do you want to make some pseudo-procedural animation using noise texture but the process just to set it up is too tedious for you? Why not use this handy little patch where you can just plug in your single or multi channel seamless noise texture, make all adjustment in one box and spits out any channel you need. It’s basically a modified version of Texture Wrapper that you can find in the library by Kevin Kripper but the signal flow is just like the built in Texture Transform and 2D Transform patches. You can also pixelate it and make a grid of “random” values. Check out Kevin’s profile and his super useful patches in the library.

Texture Wrapper V2.arp (30.7 KB)
It’s like what noise texture does but not really. You can also find this patch in the Noise Texture Wrapper. For those who are lazy to type the same value twice for x and y, just turn on the scale button so you just need to type the x and the y will be ignored because inside, it already using the same value as the x. For folks who loves to do UV transforming, I also provide an input and output UV slot for your daily UV routine. simply plug in your custom UV and turn on the dedicated button. I don’t remember why I put a button there but it is what it is. I guess you can use if for before and after preview or debugging.

Opposite value.arp (2.0 KB)
Another unnecessary patch for lazy (effective and efficient) creators.
I lose count of how many times I use this patch. It’s that simple, but it’s that useful!

Circle.arp (15.0 KB)
Line.arp (20.5 KB)
Sometimes all you need is just a simple visual feedback of what you’re trying to do using a circle or a line.

Midtone Threshold V2.arp (13.6 KB)
And sometimes you just want a quick mask for shadow, midtone and highlight for whatever processing that you want to do. You can choose the sampling method between HSV/HSL. HSV when it’s on, and HSL when it’s off. In simple words, HSV and HSL difference is in the relation of saturation and the brightness. HSV will treat color as the full range of independent parameter. HSL will treat colors more like how we perceives them, like when something gets brighter, the less saturation it gets.

Pythagorean a.arp (2.1 KB)
Pythagorean b.arp (2.1 KB)
Pythagorean c.arp (2.1 KB)
Average.arp (2.7 KB)
Average 10.arp (6.3 KB)
Math.arp (30.1 KB)
Math Vec2.arp (29.4 KB)
Math Vec3.arp (29.4 KB)
Math Vec4.arp (44.5 KB)
Blend Modes.arp (51.0 KB)

And these are some of my unnecessary basic math patches for lazy (creative) creators who don’t really care about performance and not really good with math, more of a trial and error kinda guy that just want to plug stuffs in, try different options, doesn’t really know the formula, and hope for the best or looks cool. :rofl:
that blend modes and average is what I mentioned in: Custom patch input options - #3 by Adi_Satrio
There are 21 blend modes option to choose in no particular order. I haven’t got time to sort or categorize them. :sweat_smile:
Check out @josh_beckwith 's github for more amazing stuffs he shared if you haven’t already.

Alright then, I think those are enough for now. I hope you find this post and whole forum useful.
You can also find more of my patches and other’s scattered around this forum.

Let me know if there is something wrong with the patches.

If you want some more freebies and more advance patches, scripts, or even 3D assets, check out: https://sugar.popul-ar.com/

Say hi to me on instagram:
@crimpproduction

9 Likes

Whoa ! Thanks for sharing.
I couldn’t find a link to Blend modes.arp
I would be very much interested in that one haha

Ahh thanks for letting me know. i’ve edited the post, it should be there now :smiley:

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!!

One small tip for you (something I just discovered recently) is that you can use render target size in place of screen size. That way you don’t need to expose the screen size as an input. Just one less thing for the user to worry about. It won’t work for scalars though - only shader signals.

3 Likes

wow. that’s a super useful information! how does it works? I mean, what is the output or a render target size patch? is it like a single pixel dot based on device resolution as shader generic signal or something else?

1 Like

I think it gives a normalized vec2 that can be used to determine aspect ratio, just like screen size.

Those are some top notch quality of life patch assets!
OMG thank you, man. So useful

Texture Wrapper will be my next affair :smiley:

2 Likes