Face Distortion Pack Values

Hello!

I have been playing with the value sliders for face deformation and I am able to type in values that are out of the 1-100 range. However when I click on something else and then click back on the face mesh with the deformation on it, it automatically snaps back into the 1-100 range. For example if I set the value to -20 it works until I click on the face mesh again it sets it back to 1. Is there anyway I can get around this?

-Jamie

It’s been like this as long as I can remember, so I doubt they will change it. You could try submitting a bug report to let them know you’d like to be able to use out-of-bounds values in the deformation.

Otherwise, you can make your own deformation mesh in a 3D modeling program. I played with it for a second and it was pretty easy, aside from my lack of modeling skills. I just threw the face mesh model into blender and tweaked it around.

If you want to deconstruct the default face deformation pack, that’s probably a good place to start. It looks like they have a bunch of meshes in there, and each one is mapped to a slider somehow. If you need the deformation to go negative, you’ll need to model the mesh into that state since the sliders only accept positive values

This guy is a real beauty…

3 Likes

I tried to create a deformation pack like this and is very simple. Just import more than one facemesh model in blender and cut the eyes area or nose or whatever you want to modifiy then import to spark and It will automatically generate sliders to the specific areas. I just didnt figure out how to create negative values.

what? but if you cut vertex out, once the polycount is not matched, the blendshape should not work… maybe I am misunderstanding something here?