I purchased the Frame Cache project/patches and there is something specific I’m hoping to do with it and I’m trying to figure the best way to go about it.
The sample project shows a setup where is a grid of 16 (offset in time and constantly updating) frames and setting the Index number on the FrameGrab patch lets you specify which of those (constantly updating) frames to “grab” - so let’s start with that as an example…
Basically I’d like to achieve a few things.
- I would like to be able to send a pulse and have it use the current camera texture image at that time as frame 1 (no longer updating that frame but rather as a still “frozen” frame)
- then another pulse sets frame 2 the same way (using the frozen still camera image from the time of that pulse)
- and so forth for each frame in the grid (say 16 as in the demo project)
- and I would want to have easy access to each of these 16 frozen still images within the patch editor (to do whatever the hell I want with them : )
- once all frames had been set it would be good if another pulse sent to that input could set frame 1 again using the frozen cam texture from the time of the 17th pulse (looping back through the 16 “slots”)
- if it was easy to achieve I would prefer for a frame which had not yet been “set” to simply display the straight camera texture (so the pulse to set the frame would appear as the moving image “freezing” on the pulse)
- maybe offer an input where a pulse could be sent to “clear” the set frames (so all 16 would show straight camera texture)
I’m going to start to look into this but would appreciate any suggestions etc.