Hair segmentation alpha trouble

Hi guys! Sorry that disturbing you. I play with the new hair segmentation features and render pass.
So I create some Sobel effect on hair with render pass and want that is work our of hair alpha but start just on hair.

I create render pass logic on hair and then send it to another delay for device, but its didnt work. What do i do wrong?

I had a really tough time with hair segmentation and render passes. I think it’s bugged, but maybe I just have bad luck :slight_smile:

If you can post the arprojpkg here, I can take a look and see if I can find a workaround for you

2 Likes

Hi Josh! I will truly appreciate to you for help cuz it’s breaking my head Here is project file

The Problem is solved

Ah sorry I didn’t get to this before you solved it. I have been under water with work. How did you end up solving it? I know a lot of people are running into problems with hair segmentation (myself included)

1 Like

No prob, man! Its a pleaser that u try to help any ppl, thank you for that. my logic was so close, but I have help from very talented Pavel

Here is screenshots of logic

Awesome! Thank you for sharing! The hair segmentation + render pass is driving me crazy because it randomly doesn’t work, and I can’t figure out why. I’m bet it’s a bug or something, but I’m glad you shared this since I’m sure it’ll help someone in the future

1 Like

True story! I lost all day to figure it out, but without help its not happen. So I guess share this tips it good result. Hope you can create something pretty cool! Cheers

2 Likes