Hello there! I'm new here and I want to share my first procedural galaxy and realistic lava tutorials

Hi PopuLabers(I don’t know what to call them but in spanish sounds good) My name is Christofer Roibal, I’m from Uruguay and I became addicted to Spark AR over 3 months ago. I learned so much skills with incredible free tutorials and a community full of questions and answers thanks to creators on the Spark AR Comminity group who helped me too. Thanks to Spark I discovered the world of procedurals and then I started to see procedurals in my mind. I’m in love how we can made infinite things starting just from a noise texture and this was the inspiration for made my first tutorials to show you’all how to made scenes using procedural with patch editor and low weight textures to take full advantage of the 4 mb limit and made amazing filters.

The first tutorial I made teach how to made infinite galaxy scenes using tile-able textures like the ones I designed for this. I use a HireSphere 3d object and the Texture Wrapper patch from Spark AR Library too. In the video tutorial I convert to full hd and animate four repeteable textures from 500*500px using the Texture Wrapper patch from Spark AR Library and changing the texture scale and offset from this.

The second tutorial uploaded 2 hours ago teach how to made realistic lava materials using procedural animation on Spark AR patch editor, my procedural animator patch and tile-ables lava textures like the ones I designed for this. We also are going to use the Distortion patch and Duotone shader from Library. Using a noise texture, we can made a procedural distort into main and normal map textures from a physically based material to get a realistic lava shader, with duotone we can change the color of the main orange lava texture. And the best part! I released how to made realistic VFX Lights on Spark AR only using Particle Emitters! You can also use this part to made your own light effects using emitters in this new way. Forget about the typical confetti and particles using the emitters, enter my visual world of light learning this technique and give Spark AR emitters a new use on your filters, also works to made 3d objects with planes and realistic flurry materials!

More tutorials with this technique and so much more cool experiments cooming soon
The two tutorials are available on my gumroad page @Christ.op - Spark AR
Also here it’s the link of my filters portfolio: Chris Roibal 𓂀 - Spark AR Portfolio - Facebook

Thanks for reading and it is a pleasure to be part of this forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Awesome! Thank’s for sharing! Procedural stuff is super addictive, isn’t it??

I’m going to test a direct link to the tutorial.

Just a note - there’s something going on with the header or background on your gumroad that is killing performance. I’m on a new MBP and I can barely scroll on the page

1 Like

Yes! Procedural stuff is really addictive! I think the performance of the gumroadpage it’s bad because I played so much with css code and I literally glitchy gumroad, I’m going to try solve it soon. Thankyou very much for all Josh. you were one of those motivations that made me start in this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Here are the direct links for the tutorials:

Lava tutorial:

Galaxy tutorial:

2 Likes