Inspiration for fashion related content

Here is an example of a AR catwalk show, everyone is sitting in the first row!
Thank you @Daria_B for finding this .
The challenge here is of course the textiles (movement, drape, touch etc.) which is one of the main reason many fashion brands have a hard time imagining their collections presented in AR.

check this previous post on the forum for fabric like movements How to make objects in spark AR move like fabric/textiles

#fashion #design #inspiration

1 Like

Another Example for a interesting interaction with textiles/garments for this fashion related topic: Textile or Print projections

What do you think about this @josh_beckwith @mitsuko @laszlo ? I guess it depends on the colour of the garment?

Those invisible models kinda creep me out :grimacing:

I wonder if unity or unreal has some simple cloth sims. It might be too expensive for mobile devices though…

I know Ommy uses lumakey sometimes but I am guessing in her “AR projections” it’s a target tracker and a hand-painted mask. This could work for a published effect as long as the object was rigid and the marker is placed consistently.

(Meta forum discussion: I don’t know why but the hashtags are only linking a single one. Maybe we should only use the post tags since they will always be linked properly)

2 Likes

Don’t be creeper out! it is super cool :smiley:
What do you mean with (Meta forum discussion: I don’t know why but the hashtags are only linking a single one. Maybe we should only use the post tags since they will always be linked properly) ?
@josh_beckwith

1 Like

I mean the hashtags aren’t all clickable for some reason. It’s only activating the last one in your post above

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 1.46.31 PM

1 Like

Do agree with Josh, looks like an imag tracker. that looks cool in content but not really realistical use case. That being said I like her vibe to suggest those to the almighty sparkar team.

But I feel it would be doable on other techs and being smart in what’s the tracker

–> multiple image tracker with a rigid element on the fluid material. Like the Carhartt label that’s always visible and rigid on their clothing.

Ok, I see.
What other techs do you mean?
You mean the clothing would need one rigid element (like a stiff label etc.) which will be tracked and the rest of the clothing could be more fluid?