Is it possible to place object outside of device together with Target Tracker?

I am thinking of making a 360 world effect by placing objects outside of Device but not under the target tracker, and I only want the objects to appear after the target image is found.

However, I find that if I place any object outside of Device together with the target tracker, the position & rotation of the objects will all be messed up when the target image is out of camera view. Even though the objects are not placed as a child of the target tracker, it seems that the position of the objects will still be affected by the target tracker when it shouldn’t be. So it seems that we can’t combine device motion effect together with target tracker effect, just like how we can’t use both pane and target tracker together.

Came across this problem last year. I was trying to use a target tracker and face tracker in the same scene. I had my objects in world space and wanted to tween their world transforms from the target tracker to a users face. Never got it to work quite right. Please share if you figure it out. Thanks!

1 Like

This has driven me up the wall so many times… not with a target-tracker, but with a plane tracker, but I assume the problems/features are similar. Object rotation especially goes crazy and, and this is the most frustrating, it’s different in the editor from the version on device. If anyone has the definitive answer how to deal with this elegantly I’d be super grateful as well.

1 Like

hahaha I feel the pain as well, especially the “it’s different in the editor from the version on device”, that is the most frustrating fcking thing indeed. Spend hours “fixing” it, push on your device and crush your mood for the day x)

1 Like