Screen Pinch sending values when disabled

Why is the Screen Pinch sending values when it is disabled via If Then Else? What am I missing here?!

Video

I’m not sure it really is still sending anything, the issue I think is that the exponential smoothing patch will continue to have an effect for a certain time after it’s received the last input. That seems to be what’s driving the value changes.
Try it without any exp smoothing, by just feeding it into a value patch and normally it shouldn’t change the values once disabled. If it does, we’re in bug territory I would imagine

2 Likes

I sent a bug report about this. See video.

Video

oh, answered you on fb already, but here goes again for the record, you have exponential smoothing nodes at 300ms.
that means the system is storing and averaging (or close enough) the last values detected on the last 300ms, and then giving you that value as a new one. which means that at the very least you have that 0.3 seconds there of movement data being calculated after the last input received.

if you want more responsive behaviour, i would suggest changing the damping value down to 60.

2 Likes

Looking at your latest video it almost seems as though it’s doing precisely the opposite : freezing while enabled and pushing value while disabled… Strange. I’ll give it a test as well, something that could be causing issues is using rotate in that same chain, as putting two fingers on the screen is enough to confuse spark and activate both simultaneously.

You can try this using the Plane Tracker Template, just add If Then Else and a 3D object.