Spark AR HDR Format

I’m trying to use my own HDRI I created with Blender (Radiance HDR), but I get this error. Any ideas?

“Import Failed”

HDRI Haven files will import just fine.

Can you post the HDR? I can play around with it. I’ve only just skimmed the surface of this, but it was not an intuitive process, at least in photoshop. My struggles with PS were because I had the wrong bit depth. Are you outputting 2:1 32-bit?

Thanks! Yes, it’s 32-bit. I changed the aspect ratio to 2:1 and managed to import it. But it just looks wrong. It’s always overexposed, even after adjusting the exposure in Photoshop. Here’s the file: https://we.tl/t-qRBaj13mpZ

My guess is that spark applies some gamma value to the HDRI, so you could counter it by decreasing gamma with an exposure adjustment. I’m not sure if there’s a specific number needed here, but .66 gets it pretty close.

I can’t explain it, but I think that’s a good approach to solve the problem.

Thanks! I tried those settings on my project and still looked wrong. Then I found out that I had set my Albedo color to white and it made it very overexposed. Should it alwaysbe the default grey to get neutral results?

I’m really not sure what the exact science is behind this HDR map stuff, but in general I think it’s a good idea to use middle gray because then you have the flexibility to lighten or darken