V103 Bug Alert

V103 bug alert!
After installing v103, none of the older versions are working.
Whenever I try to open or create a new filter in older versions, they just crashes and shuts down.

Wow. That sounds really bad. I just read the update news and pretty excited to try the v103. Now I’m afraid to update it.

1 Like

Just found a potential solution for this bug from here by Matt Galloway:

Check out the link above for the original post and share some love to him, or read below (I copy-paste it)

Experiencing crashes after updating to v103?

If you are experiencing crashes in versions before v103, after using v103, then please try the following steps:

Windows:

1. Press Win-R.

2. Type powershell into the box that pops up and press ‘OK’.

3. In the PowerShell terminal that opens, run the following (copy and paste it in):
    reg delete “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Facebook\Spark AR Studio\recentAssets” /v recentAssetsList

4. Press enter and then type yes when prompted to.

macOS:

1. Press Cmd-Space.

2. Type Terminal.

3. Open Terminal.app when spotlight finds it.

4. In Terminal.app that opens, run the following (copy and paste it in):
    defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.facebook.Spark\ AR\ Studio.plist recentAssets.recentAssetsList ‘’

After this you should then be able to open versions below v103 without experiencing a crash.

Let us know if it solves the problem. I still don’t mark it as solution since i haven’t tried it yet.
:slight_smile:

//----------------UPDATE---------------//

Another new update about this issue from Matt Galloway:

I’ll mark this as solution for now, let us know if anyone still found the same problem and the solution above isn’t working. Have a great day! :smiley:

3 Likes

Cool, I was wondering about this! I still haven’t had a need to update, but this is great news! Lots of nice new features in the v103 release

Yes It’s pretty neat. But unfortunately there are also some additional issues that I found. I posted this on the community page:

The copy pasting is all over the place for me in v103. I can copy values 1/4th of the time, paste them the same… It’ll randomly duplicate my scene items when I’m clearly in the patch editor, etc… x)