Aura effect

Hi everyone
Does anyone have an idea how to make the aura effect?
An effect like this shader

or this

Hi,
I’m unfortunately not an expert in scripting (far from it) however I’ve seen Josh and others discussing converting this king of code to be compatible with Spark.

Here’s a Youtube video by Mike that shows how to get started :

I would start from scratch to create this effect. It’s a lot to port directly into spark, and chances are it probably won’t work because of some GLSL 1.0 incompatibility.

I think you can achieve this by layering a lot of simple effects together. In general, it looks a lot like our smoke effect, but with a few extra layers. How to create a smoke effect with render passes in Spark AR Studio | spark-smoke-tutorial

The source of the smoke seems to be the edge detection, so I would start by creating an edge detection effect. The color is probably generated at this point. I’m not sure, but you can get a better idea of the whole process by saving out snapshots of the shadertoy buffers by clicking the image icon in the lower right.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 9.10.43 AM

It seems like there are several layers of movement applied. You could probably use various scales of 3D noise, going from large to small. That will give you large movements and small movements. The idea is to mix the 3D noise with the default UV and then apply the UV distortion. You might need a render pass between each of these UV operations, but maybe not (weird stuff can happen when applying multiple UV offsets).

I hope that helps point you in the right direction.

Thank you for your complete and good explanation Yes, that shader cannot be changed and converted, it has many complications
That’s why I tried to make it with a method almost similar to what you explained, although I didn’t understand parts of your explanation exactly I was hoping that you would show what you mean in a file format
I was finally able to create this effect, which of course was a very different result than the one I sent you the link to.

Because in one of the videos, it shows that even though the texture is fixed, the layers move like the wind and that it does not involve the whole texture, for example, in the same video, it only involves the image of the person and the image of the house behind the person is not involved,
in a way It can be said that it gives volume to the texture